Sunday, October 20, 2019

Taken entirely from Heidi Quah I witnessed a suicide case today.
 I am completely shattered and heartbroken and traumatized.
 She lived in Gombak and I met her on the streets a few weeks ago.
 Went over to convince her to move into RFTR's office temporarily till things got better. She had a fall out with her husband, her husband was abusive and left her severely scarred, hugely in debt and extremely traumatized.
 He left with another woman and she was forced to fend for herself and her 4 kids. Her eldest child is currently 21 years old and forced to be both mom and dad to her siblings, 17, 10 and 3 years old.
Today, she committed suicide. She jumped off the building - right as I was visiting. As I was leaving. After we took this picture.
After she smiled for the picture. She walked me to the door. Then as I turned my back to head down the stairs. She climbed on the corridoor cliff and jumped.

Her children witnessed it all. It was a sudden, desperate jump. The screams and wails were sharp and piercing and it's still ringing in my ears now. I am still pretty shaken and traumatized.
I can't imagine how her children must be feeling. They are stateless and undocumented and don't have any other relatives. When I met her - she was pleading and crying and struggling so bad - telling me that she can no longer go on. The pain and the anxiety and not being able to support the family any more. I rarely ever do this but I feel I really need to this time. Trying to raise RM5500 for a really simple funeral for the lady and to support the family for a couple of months. (Update : targetted amount reached within 24 hours)

No comments: