Friday, June 17, 2016

I went back to clear my things.
No apology is enough.
I know that my leaving will add more work to the team.
I 'left' the group chats etc.
As I removed all the post-it notes on my monitor screen and cubicle wall, I can't help but feel sentimental.
All my notes now mean nothing anymore.
I logged off my ID from the phone, realising that I have never once made a phone call.
Wow, exactly two months.
I came in on the 18th and now leaving on 17th.

I really really feel sad about this.
Like a breakup.
I really wanted this to work.
I was really happy.
And I keep questioning myself what went wrong?
Did I give up too soon?
Did I try hard enough?
Could it have worked out?

My team leader courteously apologized if she had pushed me too hard and asked about my treatment.
She's really a reasonable boss.
I'm just so sorry that I'm not quicker and sharper.

Meanwhile, my good friend sent the below to cheer me up.
It did, for awhile.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happens to many of us. You are not alone. For about a year I have followed this blog and it has helped me tremendously. From sipping a moment of clarity to breathing. It's all around.

cendolic said...

thank you so much for your kind comment. as u can see, I don't get much in here. thanks. really means a lot.