Tuesday, December 22, 2015

“I stayed in an abusive relationship for too long because I didn’t think I deserved any better. I finally ended it, but afterward I started second guessing myself. I began to feel lonely and I thought: ‘As bad as it was, at least you weren’t alone.’  big challenge has been learning to be OK with being by myself. One day I may meet someone else, but in the meantime it’s just me, so I’ve got to do what’s best for me.
I decided that if there’s something I want to do, and I can’t find anyone to come with me,
I’m going to do it anyway. Tonight I’m going to see a bagpipe concert at Madison Presbyterian Church.
I’ve even been on several vacations by myself. I went to Miami recently. It’s fun during the day because you can lie on the beach and you’re surrounded by people.
But at night it’s a little tougher because it’s quieter and darker. And without all the noise around you, you sort of realize it’s just you.”
Humans of New York

No comments: