Friday, August 23, 2013

At uncle's funeral.

My cousin who has been battling with cancer for some time now, looked better than he did the last time.
My father gave him some words of encouragement in our Hakka family dialect.
"You look great. So good to see you in this well. Chin up, you must outlive your uncles. *laugh laugh laugh"
My cousin must have felt very overwhelmed by the crowd of good humour around him, he broke down in slight tears.
My father firmly patted his both arms.
He returned the gesture.
**some men just can't hug**

It's was touching as it can get.

On a different note, I received some attention too due to my weight loss.
There's mental illness hereditary  lineage in the family tree and my relatives are all very familiar with the symptoms and effects.
Therefore, they were shocked to see me at my current weight.
Also, I was actually reading a book.
My concentration level had been deeply affected and it's only recently that I'm able to read a chapter without much difficulty.

Oh, nobody wanted to talk to me of course.
They just talked about me.

No comments: