Thursday, May 06, 2010

Forgiveness is Dead

The radio station was discussing on the topic of FORGIVENESS.
Many people call in, confessing just how sorry they are for not patching up with the people they cared for, till it's too late.
Usually it's death that brings forth the guilt.

I was thinking about the people whom I truly am mad at.
Honestly, I don't care if they die.
In a way, they are dead to me anyway.
It was when I stopped caring for them, that I stopped getting hurt.
Does it make me a bad person?

In the past, I cry each time I quarrel with them or when they disappoint me.
But when I stopped caring for them, the pain went away instantly.
When I tell myself that these people shouldn't matter in my life,
I started living better, more focussed, happier.

Is that bad?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

It's not bad at all. I tend to do the same thing, because I don't have the energy anymore to care about so many people. I will only care for people who care for me. If they don't I won't give a care. Even when I don't care about them, they cause me trouble (my neighbors).

Now I learn to be grateful with what I have. God is most merciful.