Monday, August 04, 2008

I was feeling really lousy today.
Asking myself really self-pity questions like,

“What am I doing here?”
“Am I really made for this?”
“Maybe I will be more productive doing something else?”

I let my imagination take its wildest course and I saw myself doing administrative work.
‘Well, at least I have scheduled working hours’
I even saw myself positioned in a bookstore.
‘Well, I will definitely benefit the customers there.’

I was looking at the same page of work for hours.
I even took time off to chat via msn.
“maybe you have a writer’s block,” she consoled.

I typed the last word and click print.
I couldn’t even bear rereading it again.
Passed it to boss.

Minutes later, I heard his shouting.
“Oh uh. Time to pay my dues,” I thought.

“This is what I call creative writing!”

I’m smiling.
Maybe this is…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

writings always the best when you're feeling lousy aint it..heh...well done.

Laydie~Bug said...

i find that the most creative stuff come from being emo... on one hand, its satisfying to be able to produce a piece of 'art', on the other hand, it sucks feeling down and out.

nevertheless, congrats!!